Wednesday, August 6, 2008

this just in

My promotion is official. The new title? Library Access Services Manager; whatta mouthful. In a letter of congratulation, a faculty member suggested some alternate titles: "the most fabulously responsive and efficient person in the library" or Vice President of Sensible Solutions, With Wizardry. I think I love the latter.

VP of SS, W/W.
Nice.

A couple of years ago upon declaring my intention to take over the world, a former faculty member gave me the future title of Supreme Majestrix, which I also love.

Along with the promotion comes a small pay increase. Somehow I stepped up and negotiated and received more than was offered. I've never done a thing like that before. I am very proud of myself, especially since I'll actually be able to pay some bills, and maybe, just maybe SAVE SOME MONEY!

Hooray.

With Wizardry,
Serenity

No comments: